Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Day 2

Tell us the story of a piece of jewelry you own. Where did it come from, and what does it mean to you?

I have a gold chain that my parents bought for me as a Christmast gift. I don't remember how old I was. It has several charms on it that represent all the important things in my life - so I can keep them close to my heart:
  • a gold locket - with a picture of my mom and dad inside - my dad bought it for me as a Valentine's gift when I was in high school. My sister has one as well - this was the same year he bought my mom a diamond tennis bracelet.
  • a gold cross - my parents bought this for me when I was 8 years old and made my First Communion. Two years later, they unwittingly bought the same one for my sister. It had a diamond chip in it, which fell out a few years back. I had it replaced - one of the first diamonds I bought myself.
  • a lavalier - again, from my parents.  It's a carved badge of my sorority.
  • a small gold circle - I bought this for myself after I had my son, and it has his name stamped into it.
In reference to NaBloPoMo prompt... http://bit.ly/c3H1uS

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails