- shop sales/ plan meals around sale items
- shop at Aldi
- Plan your meals, including snacks and lunches
- Buy at on sale en masse and stockpile things like:
- Facial tissue
- Toilet tissue
- Hair care products
- Body wash
- Feminine products – tampons, pads
- Contact solution (use FSA card)
- Canned food
- Dishwasher detergent
- Plant a garden
- Make your own bread
- can or freeze sale produce to use bounty later
- make your own yogurt
- dried apples
Buy in bulk when possible
- meat – Mosley’s or Carfagna’s boxes
- grains (rice, quinoa, flour)
- cereal (oatmeal, “Cheerios”, etc.)
- “Allowance” - $20/week you can use on anything you want, including lunches out. Once
- it’s gone, it’s gone.
- Eat out only2x/month.
- Don’t shop – use your pantry!
- Buy the cheapest store brand/generic you can find for most things.
- For items you won’t buy store brand, use coupons and buy on sale.
Reduce your consumption:
- Don't buy cleaning supplies (rely on vinegar, lemon, baking soda, etc. instead of manufactured stuff)
- Pre-portion snacks, especially bulk items, to reduce waste
- Avoid items like:
- frozen foods (frozen veggies allowed, but only plain)
- soft drinks
- paper products
- processed food
You can also download it here: