- The discussion is about whether you should encourage the kid to believe Santa, not whether you believe.
- You decide to "give" each other a new sink (and are excited about it).
You buy an extra jello mold, so you can make two cranberry rings (one for each side of the family).
- It's more important to make room for the nativity set under the tree than presents.
- You hang on to the stocking tradition for dear life (it's an excuse for the good chocolate to get in your shopping cart).
- You put clothes (even underwear) on your Christmas list.
Sunday, November 08, 2009
Saturday, November 07, 2009
Friday, November 06, 2009
Thursday, November 05, 2009
I will be 23 weeks Friday, and I still don't think I LOOK very pregnant. I have a very small bump, but a lot of it is pre-pregnancy belly. So a lot of my non-maternity clothes still fit and still hide the belly.
The problem is that my pants don't fit correctly. None of my pants - maternity, non-maternity. My body mass has redistributed (thankfully, this includes my butt shrinking and the girls getting bigger), and thus I spend the entire day hiking up my maternity jeans or dress pants.
So today, I wore a dress. With tights. So far, so good.
But I still don't look pregnant.
Wednesday, November 04, 2009
Tuesday, November 03, 2009
Monday, November 02, 2009
Sunday, November 01, 2009
Since I haven't updated this since, oh, I don't know SEPTEMBER... I figured I would start off NaBloPoMo right and get y'all caught up properly.
1. I still have a job, for those of you know where I work and have heard about recent happenings. I was not affected. In fact, I will be getting a new cube in the next month. But not a better cube, just a different cube. Same job.
2. We painted one of the extra bedrooms. Guess why. If you can't guess, or haven't heard, see number 3.
3. I'm pregnant. Seriously. No... seriously. You can stop laughing now. And maybe pick up your jaw off the floor. I'm due March 5, no baby belly yet (thanks to my LONG torso/height), cravings so far include Sour Patch Kids, green olives, and pickles. And no, we don't know the sex, and we are going to wait until it gets here to find out. Because, I figure, that way, I have a reason to push the SMALL HUMAN BEING in my STOMACH out when it's time. And no, I will not tell you the names we have picked out. I don't want judging or copying going on.
4. I miss dippy eggs and rare steak. And Brie. Oh what I wouldn't give for some Brie with green apples.
That's about it. More to come in the next month.